Course readers allow professors to customize their teaching materials, using exactly the material students will need for class. This customization ensures that students are only paying for materials that will be used. To create course readers, professors submit the materials they wish to have copied, and MIT Copytech does the rest. MIT Copytech also has all of the Harvard Business School cases in PDF format.
Create a course reader
It is MIT's policy that all material contained in course readers must have prior permission from copyright owners. MIT Copytech has a Copyright Service that is integrated into the production process.
How to put together a course reader:
- Determine which material will be used and the assembly order.
- Provide a good master copy.
- Provide a complete Copyright Permissions Request Form with bibliographic information. Our copyright tutorial can help you.
- Bring everything to our 11-004 or E52-076 locations.
- Indicate the estimated enrollment number and start of class date.
- When the copyright permissions are completed, we will begin to scan and print the document for the start of class.
- Students will purchase readers over the counter at the start of the semester.
We suggest that you be realistic but conservative in your estimated enrollment numbers. We can print your course materials on demand for students. We guarantee 24-hour turnaround time for printing.
MIT Sloan School of Management course readers
Course readers ordered online will be ready for pick up the next business day. Orders for print-on-demand readers must be placed at our E52-076 location and will be ready for pick up the next business day.